Southern New Jersey Development Council Internship Program
Founded in 1951, The Southern New Jersey Development Council functions as a Government Affairs Liaison and Economic Development Advocate.
The professional SNJDC staff work on behalf of its membership and the southern eight counties of New Jersey in order to create a better economic environment in the region. Acting as the unified voice of South Jersey, the Development Council:
- Routinely hosts popular events
- Distributes membership wide publications
- Tracks bills in the state legislature
- Researches development of construction projects
- Arranges meetings with member organizations and elected officials
- Disseminates member organization’s news/announcements
SNJDC membership is comprised of key leaders and decision-makers from the public and private sectors. SNJDC represents organizations among 30 broad business types, including casino/gaming industry development, education, engineers, the health care industry, transportation, and tourism. SNJDC is proud to contribute to our region’s growth by working cooperatively with the region’s county economic development directors in serving as Southern New Jersey’s “Unified Voice for Progress.”
We are currently seeking interns for Summer 2017. Day-to-day internship duties will help students gain practical experience in the areas of:
- Political and government affairs
- Creative and practical writing
- Non-profit organization management
- Legislative and current events research
- Event logistics
Successful candidates should be pursuing a major or minor in political science, business administration, communications, economics, marketing, or some related field. Internship is unpaid, but could lead to a paid position in the future.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Randi McDonnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.